The lure of exploring sunken vessels, airplanes and automobiles is something most divers can’t resist. Luckily, there are special wreck diver specialty courses that can introduce you to wreck diving, helping you develop the skills and knowledge you need for safe and fun wreck exploring.
What do I need to start?
- Adventure Diver certification (or qualifying certification)
- Minimum age: 15 years old
What will I do?
Information contained in your wreck diver program will usually include.
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of wreck diving
- The preparation and use of lights, air supplies, special equipment, penetration lines and reels
- Limited-visibility diving techniques and emergency procedures
Please remember that this type of class is typically only offered in locations with bountiful shipwrecked options to explore.
How long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours: 24
- Minimum Open Water Training: four dives over two days