These courses will introduce you to the most common fish families and species found in temperate and tropical waters. You’ll also learn basic Marine Life Marine Biology Fish Identification and scientific survey techniques as well as how important personal involvement is in aquatic conservation. This is a great, educational class for wildlife lovers of almost any age.
What do I need to start?
- Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification)
- Minimum age: 10 years old
What will I do?
During your Fish Identification Diver Specialty course, you’ll practice basic Marine Life Marine Biology Fish Identification techniques then collect data for submission to reef survey projects (if appropriate). The course includes all the background you’ll need to identify fish in your area, including:
- Information on aquatic protection worldwide
- Characteristics of local fish families and species
- Fish survey techniques and strategies
- Dive planning, organization and procedures
How long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours: 12
- Minimum Open Water Training: two dives over one day