Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course teaches divers, snorkelers and non-divers about the vital role of coral reefs in the marine environment. The course also familiarizes participants with the current state of the world’s coral reefs and how they can help.
What do I need to start?
- No dive certification required
- No minimum age limit
What will I do?
This non-diving course will usually include:
- The importance of coral reefs to marine ecosystems and coastal areas
- Coral reef biology, association and competition
- The status of the world’s coral reefs
- How participants can help, including responsible diving and snorkeling practices
How long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours: two
This type of class is a great introduction for new divers who may not be as comfortable hopping in the water on their own. Protecting our reefs is crucial for global survival, and this education, however brief, will create an ocean conservationist out of everyone!